November 05, 2007

Now I have an iPhone

Okay, two days later, it activated. Only took 5 minutes.

Judging from the discussion thread on Apple Support, people were trying all through the night. I think the first person got through around 5am. Lots of angry yet dedicated people. Strange irony.

It also seems that the discussion is no longer accessible. Hmm....

First impressions...
  • Nice, slick design.
  • Screen looks great. Text is easy to read.
  • Browsing web pages is really cool. Zoom in, zoom out.
  • The on-screen keyboard works surprisingly well.
  • Wish I could cut/copy/paste.
  • Only sync's contacts and calendar with Outlook??? My Treo was sync'ed with my Yahoo account. I'd at least hope to have support for Thunderbird.
  • Only imports bookmarks from IE or Safari? How about FireFox?
  • Can't get Gmail to work yet. No support for HotMail.
  • All the weather and time settings default to Cupertino, CA. They could have made it change to your location.
  • The recently updated My Yahoo page warns that your browser may not be compatible. It seems to work however.
  • When you go to Google.com, you get the mobile version but the full version seems to be just fine.
Hopefully I'll find solutions to some of my problems and will be posting them here.

No comments: