November 05, 2007

Apple deleted discussion

New posting:
Somehow a large discussion on recent iPhone activation issues just disappeared.

I am in Dallas/Fort Worth and am STILL UNABLE to activate my new iPhone via iTunes. I get emails from ATT/Apple saying my number has been ported and the device is active, however when I reconnect the phone to iTunes, I continue to get a store is busy error. In effect, the phone is still physically inactive.

Here's the deleted discussion: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1213623&start=50&tstart=0

I would prefer that Apple address the issue rather than sweep it under the rug. Anyone else still having these problems?
Reply:
Probably due to the thread you referenced not accomplishing much filled with mostly ranting, name calling, threats and the like - the real mature stuff which is against the terms of use for these discussions.

This is a user to user help forum only for technical support issues and questions that is provided and moderated by Apple so no one here can help you with this and Apple does not address such issues here. Which I'm sure you have already done, you need to contact AppleCare for the iPhone in order to have this issue addressed or get an answer since it won't come from here.

I hate to say it, but I agree with the reply. Although it was nice to feel that I was not alone in my trouble, it doesn't help Apple to have alot of negative venting on their website. People should vent on their own sites. :)

No comments: