June 17, 2006

Nokia BH-200

I have a Nokia 6820 phone, which has Bluetooth. I've seen alot of people with wireless headsets, walking around talking into thin air. If it weren't for the thing in their ear with a blinking light you'd think they're crazy. I couldn't use one in public, but driving would be great. So I started shopping.

Nokia lists the HS-26W and HS-11W on their website, but I had trouble finding it. The local Best Buy had a BH200, which is still Nokia. It looked cool, so I got it.

It paired with phone without problem. You scan for devices with your phone, then enter a key code to lock it to your phone.

It was hard to tell how it would fit on my ear, but it did, and comfortably. It's easy to turn on and off with a single button. It makes different sounds for each so you know which one you just did.

The sound quality is pretty good. It could be a little louder (but maybe that's a good thing). Battery life seems okay, but I haven't used it enough to know. It comes with a charger. The battery is not removable, which is not great.

I'm not sure how this model compares to the others, but it works. That was my main criteria.

No comments: