May 03, 2008

Boot Camp Update fixed video problems

Well aside from the keyboard troubles (which appear to be gone after reinstalling Input Remapper), I also noticed a welcome improvement in video.

I mostly use Boot Camp with XP on my Macbook Pro. I call it my Macbook PC. The original video drives weren't very smart about whether you were connected to an external monitor or not. I had a Dell Inpsiron 9400 that handled this perfectly. It remembered the resolution of the monitor and would adjust depending on whether I was using the LCD or a monitor.

But the Macbook didn't. After connecting to a monitor at 1680x1050, later on it would keep the same res if I booted standalone. Since the LCD is 1400x900, I'd get a virtual desktop.

But after the recent Boot Camp update (which must have included a new video driver), it remembers the resolutions and adjusts correctly. All is well with my Macbook PC.

No comments: