December 26, 2007

Hi I'm and Mac and I'm also a PC

So far, I'm still liking life in with the Mac.

Had a few glitches...
  • Importing our photos from our PC to iPhoto lost all the organization we had done with folders. We had folders for events, and iPhoto tried to reorganize everything according to file date. That would have been okay except not all the file dates are related to when they were taken. Sometimes photos are copied or emailed long after it was shot. Also, we have multiple cameras, which causes parallel events (when both cameras were in use at the same time) to be unintentionally combined. So now I'm manually reorganizing everything into Events and Albums.
  • I'm running Windows in both Boot Camp and VMWare, and had to activate Windows twice. But every time I run Adobe CS2 in either mode, when I run it in the other mode (ie: run in Booth Camp, then run in VMWare), it asks to re-activate. I'm worried it's going to stop allowing this to work at some point, so I've stopped running it from VM.

On the plus side, what's really cool though is being able to run VMWare full-screen with Spaces. I can fly to and from Windows any time. The Unity feature is nice, but I'm using Spaces to reduce the amount of windows visible at once. I have chat & email in one, a browser in another, one is free and one has Windows VM.

I also have Remote Desktop and Chicken of the VNC so I can access other Windows PCs on the network.

No comments: