October 13, 2007

Updated My Treo... no Brick

Recently I updated my Treo 680 to the latest version for AT&T (1.09).

It took a while, but the process went pretty smoothly. It didn't even erase all my data or go brick on me.

I normally sync via Bluetooth, but I had to dig up the USB cable that came with the Treo to do the upgrade.

Was it worth it? Here's what was promised:
  • Improved power management for better battery life.
  • Camera update for improved battery life (available previously as a standalone update).
  • Helps correct distorted characters that can occur in the title bar of the Phone application.
  • Helps fix device "freezing" that may occur under certain conditions.
  • System Lockout improvement for increased security.
  • Support for the new Daylight Saving Time legislation (available previously as a standalone update).
  • Provides better support for networks unique to some Caribbean, Latin American, and Asian countries.
  • Updates Cingular branding, replacing it with the new AT&T branding.
That first item was my reason for doing. I'll have to keep track of when I charge to see if it's lasting any longer. I usually get about 2-3 days of moderate use before the battery meter goes red.

FYI, If you have an old phone or Treo, you can recycle it through Palm for free.

No comments: